Birth plan, revised.

Okay, so I had my birth plan all done, covering every aspect of what could happen. The only thing I had for the c-section part was I would only like a spinal anesthsia (sp) unless for medical reasons another needed to be administered.

Well, today my doctor and I decided that I would officially just have a c-section at 38 weeks. My baby is still breech, and measuring large, so we just decided to get it done that way.

My question is, you moms that had scheduled c-sections did you still make a birth plan? If so, what did it include, cause I don't know much about it except the choices of anesthetic and having my fiance in there with me or not.

I know there are things like seeing the baby or dropping the curtain, ect, but do I really need a written birth plan for that type of stuff?

oliviasmomma09

Asked by oliviasmomma09 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had a birth plan for my scheduled c-section.... but I forgot it at home lol... But I did want to make it clear that I wanted toradol instead of morphine (I was so in the moment that I didnt notice I got morphine anyways, and had horrible itching)... also I wanted to make it clear that I wanted my husband in the room, which did happen... Just make sure your husband knows what you want... that will help :). Good luck and congrats!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I had an unplanned csection, I had only made a birth plan expecting i would go vaginally. I'm pregnant again and of course have to get another csection. There's really no plan. If you want your hubby in there is all...oh and the doctor can leave some of the cord on, so that your hubby can cut the rest off. besides that, spinal tap is what you get.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Ask for double sutures.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 9:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Lovingmymikayla, good idea. I love torodol so much better. not as strong bu tjust as good, lol.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008