Have you ever received an odd baby shower gift? How did you react?

I only ask because one girl that came to my shower, a nurse, gave me this little dollar store item. It was a little packet of tiny cards with daily affirmations printed on them. That was it... nothing else.

I was confused so all I said was... "I guess I will pull these out when I am ready to pull my hair out in stress"

So have you ever received an odd baby shower gift and how did you react?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 6:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• my MIL actually got me (what she thought was) a sexy night gown as a baby shower gift. she explained that after the weight i had gained, i would need something extra to keep her son's attention. she still doesn't understand why i was so offended that i actually cried. and cried, and cried, and cried....
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My grandmother(who wasn't invited, we do not speak) sent a present with my aunt. In a garbage bag, and bouncer from like 1980, rusted, stained, disgusting, with the sticker still on it that she got it for 1.50 at a garage sale. We threw it away after everyone left, ha.

But that's the oddest thing i got.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• After telling everyone that I would ONLY breastfeed, a cousin got me a bottle set!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 7:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I think the strangest thing I got was a recycled Enfamil bear! It was from a co-worker, it was in a pack and it had expired formula. If she didn't like me she could have said so... LOL!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Catholicmamamia, I got my breastfeeding sis a bottle set too, but I was thinking she might need to pump and would need something to put the milk in.

I got a vibrating insert for the infant carrier. It was clearly a re-gift and I guess the lady who gave it to me didn't know what to do with it either. It has since been donated. Hopefully, someone who actually wants it will get it.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2008