I have 3 positive pregnancy tests.....

and i went to my ob-gyn and their test came back negative. whats going on am i pregnant or what my last period was May 4th.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That happened to me too I had three positives then I had 4 negatives. I went to the doctor and had a hcg test done. Now im waiting on myreults which I will get Tuesday! I read it could be a chemical pregnancy but I have not had any bleeding or cramping. I wish I could offer more help or advice
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 9:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• could be, you should have another test done by the OB and have them check your cervix
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 9:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• You're pregnant.

Your doctor uses urine pregnancy tests that may not be as sensitive as those you can buy at the store, or maybe your urine was too diluted since you were probably not using first morning urine. Go back and ask for a blood test or wait another week or so and ask for another urine test.

The only other alternative (barring any major medical issues, like certain types of cancer) a is a chemical pregnancy, which is where the egg and sperm met, hormones were produced but it was passed by your body instead of implanting in your uterus. There is typically bleeding with that, though. A lot of women never know they have one, they just have a period like normal.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• could be you jst need an ultrasound ??? good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Ask for a blood test, that is the only test my ob does.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Agree with AF4life and rache216 - you should ask for a blood test and an ultrasound. While false negatives are really common with OTC pregnancy tests, I've heard it's very rare to get a false positive. Good luck!
    mn24

Answer by mn24 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• can you ask for an ultrasound??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• you should be able to ask for one if they do a blood test and still dont get the same results...sometimes if you have a nice enough dr, they will just do it anyways if your showing all the signs good luck to you
    mybabies3-2

Answer by mybabies3-2 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• go to your dr & ask for an ultrasound
    bellax3

Answer by bellax3 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• so i took another pregnancy test and it came back with a plus sign.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2011