Ideas (Im broke)

Ok so normally we are not this broke but crap happens Im sure everyone can relate. I got a call from my ex about his child support and he said not to worry it would be paid. Well I got a check for $12.72 LOL but it wont post until Wednesday anyway so it doesnt matter. I have a little under $90 in the bank, and my dh doesnt get paid for another week. I have 5 kids at home to feed. I use coupons. Any ideas on how to or where to go for some extra help this weekend or week?

Asked by gemgem at 9:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• my advice is get food that can strech a long ways...eggs, beans, hambuger, chicken, noodles, bread, peanut butter, oatmeal.....look in your fridge and cupboards and see what you need and what you have and then head to the local 1$ store and shop wisely.....they sale bags of noodles for 2/1$, rice 1$ a bag, sometimes they even have veggies (at least where i live)......plan all meals so nothing goes to waste....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Call your local DHS office and ask for a list of food panties - you don't have to give your name or anything. Our local DHS sends people to the church food pantry a lot. Also, it is a holiday weekend, pick out things you don't want or need anymore, make some signs and have a yard sale. You will do better because this weekend is the first of the month.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• May be a little late to get it this weekend on short notice, but try Angel Food Ministries. Its a lot of food for real cheap. You pick it up at your local church. Go to www.angelfoodministries.com for more information.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Have you considered applying for WIC?
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 9:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• see if there is a local food panty open
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I dont have babies all my kids are over 5 so no wic for us, and I checked the food pantres are closed all weekend for the 4th.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2011