Headaches from hell

ugh i have a haedache from hell. didnt sleep worth crap. havent been able to get comfortable since i had my baby. what can i do? the headaches are coming almost everyday :( and is affecting my parenting

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• Go see your doctor......

Answer by older at 9:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• You can take Motrin. But you do have to figure out what kind of headaches you are having. One-sided and a hard time with light with varying other symptoms is a migraine, which is usually caused from too little magnesium. All over is usually stress. Forehead is usually sinuses.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• You may be suffering from hormone-triggered migraines. I get those every month at the end of my period, and they started when I weaned my son (after nursing for 31 months). They are awful! Mine are actually sinus-migraines, so I take a cocktail of Sudafed (NOT PE) and Excedrin Migraine (store brands for both) a couple of times and that usually does the trick. Since I have had them monthly for the past 4 yrs, I know to pre-medicate now to keep them from becoming debilitating, but they still hurt. Talk to your Dr., describe your symptoms, and hopefully you can figure out what is causing them. Good luck, mama.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Go to the doctor. I get chronic migraines, about 2-4 times a week on average. It's no fun!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• See your doctor. They could be caused by a variety of things, some minor, some more serious. Odds are that the doctor will be able to prescribe you something to help. Hope you're feeling better soon!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Did you have an epidural? That can cause lasting headaches. If so go see your doc.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I suffer from chronic migraines and cluster headaches get them almost every day of the week and they are no fun to deal with. If you are breastfeeding you may want to see a doctor and make sure they aren't real serious for they could be caused by a variety of things, some minor, some more serious.

Odds are that the doctor will be able to prescribe you something to help; one-sided and a hard time with light with varying other symptoms is a migraine, which is usually caused from too little magnesium; all over is usually stress; forehead is usually sinuses. but in the mean time you can take Tylenol Migraine or Excedrin Migraine or Excedrin Tension Headache these are what worked for till I was put on prescription medicine; also a cold compress or lying down in a dark quiet room might work.

Good luck and hope you get some relief from them soon.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Talk to your doctor..you might be able to get some better help that way.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 12:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• here is some information that may help you understand them better

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/default.htm

http://healthtools.aarp.org/adamcontent/cluster-headache?CMP=KNC-360i-YAHOOBING-HEA&HBX_PK=cluster_headaches&utm_source=YAHOOBING&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=cluster%2Bheadaches&utm_campaign=M_Diseases%2Band%2BConditions&360cid=SI_194863806_320875194_1

http://www.maxalt.com/rizatriptan_benzoate/maxalt/consumer/maxalt_mlt/index.jsp?WT.mc_id=M20A0
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I'd see a chiropractor first, make sure you didn't knock something out of whack or pinch something in your neck/shoulders during labor. Also, are you staying hydrated enough, especially if you're breastfeeding?
    Anonymous