Coloring my hair?

Im 12 weeks and some days pregnant is it alright to dy my hair.. i just cut it off pretty my and want some highlights is it oky.?? or is it extremly dangerous!?

Madilous08

Asked by Madilous08 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is ok as far as I am concern, if you look pretty you will feel better, so go for it!

Answer by older at 9:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't and didn't do it while I was pregnant. they say its ok to do it.. but I never thought it was worth the chance of something happening..I had horrible roots my whole pregnancy..but it was worth it
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• you'll be fine. a few highlights aren't going to do anything to the health or progression of your baby. all you need worry about is ventilation in the room..be sure the salon has good ventilation, so you don't have to breath in the odors/fumes of chemicals..again, it won't do anything to your baby if you do, but you might get nauseous..and that would be inconvenient.
    we hairdressers have always continued to work in/around/use coloring agents on our own hair the entire time we were pregnant. nuff said.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Yea my roots look rediculous since i chopped alot of my hair off.. i know they say that the chemicals u breath in is the part thats bad but u can get the non toxic stuff..
    Madilous08

Comment by Madilous08 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• There's nothing wrong with doing it. If you go to the salons you will even see a lot of cosmetologists doing it. Their company would not allow them to work there if there was an issue because they could easily get sued. I did it with my last two. I didn't need to with the first 2.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Make sure you get the dye that has no ammonia or harsh chemicals, they make the natural ones now, much better for you. Make sure you dye it in a ventilated area.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Do the skin test too- I know it's a huge pain in the ass, but allergies are known to develop when pregnant. And just as posted above, do it in a well ventilated area.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i have done it while i was preg. with both my kids and they were fine
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 3:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i am a cosmetologist..as long as ur in a well ventilated space...i.e. outside...then its ok...the fumes even from the non colo(they still have some) can harm the baby..just remember ur outcome of the hair color may be altered due to ur pregnancy hormones...

krystalmarie857

Answer by krystalmarie857 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2011