Toddler beds

on the first night of trying the toddler did you lay in their room with them for alittle bit? how did you get them to stay in the bed?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly, I think toddler beds are a waste of money. It makes more sense to just go with a twin or full size bed right off the bat.

Anyway, how do you make them stay in bed? You can't. You just have to try to teach them that it's bedtime and that they sleep in a big bed now. My DD would fall asleep on the floor in her room every single night. And I would go in and put her in her bed every single night. Then we moved on post and her room had a tile floor, and she started falling asleep in her own bed.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• The first night my son did not get out of it. The second night was horrible he kept getting up. I kept putting him back in the bed but he just did not want to sleep in that bed so we layed on the floor next to it and he fell asleep and then put him in his bed and then he woke up in that bed and we told him what a big boy he way.
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• we always close the door leaving enough of a crack to see the bed, and we stand outside the door and wait, everytime the kid gets out of bed we open the really fast and tell them in a stern voice to get back in bed and we keep doing it until they decide its a good idea to just go to sleep
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 9:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My DS, we didn't move him until he was about 2 1/2, we never had a problem with him getting out of the bed.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• We did what lilliedoll did. As soon as they moved out of the bed we picked them up without a word and put them back in there. We do that for a few nights and they would learn not to get out of the bed.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2011