i am 2 1/2 weeks pregnant and i have been getting cramps that are like menstrual cramps. they hurt sometimes but others just feel like a ping. i asked around and some people told me its normal and others told me its not. i looked on google and everything said it was normal but im not sure... can someone please help me?!

i have not been able to see a doctor yet as i just found out and its the weekend and neither can i afford one so it will take a little to find help.

lilipregobaby

Asked by lilipregobaby at 11:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• YES ITS NORMAL BECAUSE UR PLACENTA IS STRECHING
    MOMMY2BNOV21

Answer by MOMMY2BNOV21 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• you might want to look into help through the county you live in. or the state you are in they might be able to help you financially and have classes available so you can understand what to expect for yourself and your baby. .
    crazytrio

Answer by crazytrio at 12:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I had the same thing with my first baby. Dont worry. If you have some questions a book that really helped me (more than the doctors) was "Girlfriends guide to pregnacy".
    angl0drkns

Answer by angl0drkns at 12:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• How can you know you're two and a half weeks pregnant?
    s.c.a.r.l.e.t.

Answer by s.c.a.r.l.e.t. at 12:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• hmm i was 7 weeks pregnant when i found out i was expecting so i really wouldnt know what to tell u about the 2nd part to ur question. no hospital will reject u and if u dont have a job or if u have a low paying job medi cal will cover everything. just go in the ER and tell them u r in pain. I was having fevers and everything and i didnt have a job and neither did my bf at the moment and medi cal covered it. hopefully u qualify...
    Gaby142

Answer by Gaby142 at 2:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You need to see a doctor. Everybody's pregnancy is different and you can't base yours on anyone else's.
    Prissy51

Answer by Prissy51 at 2:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Cramps can be common early in pregnacy. I did not get them the first two times but did the third. And you may want to re-check your EDD, becuase being 2 1/2 weeks pregnant usually means that you would have conceived about 3 days ago, which would be impossible to tell on a home test. Your length of prenancy is based off the start date of your last missed period.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 8:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I cramped as well, but like another poster said, everyone's different. Get in with your ob/gyn as soon as you can, express your concerns. It's probably nothing. Good luck!
    momofthree1084

Answer by momofthree1084 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• its normal i had the same and was told by my dr that it was the muscles that hold the uterus preparing to hold a bigger belly
    cherri_bloss

Answer by cherri_bloss at 11:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I had the same thing at around the same time you're having it. I think it's fine as long as there isn't any blood.
    Anonymous