Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please dont bash.

I know that I have to think about the baby and I am. Tat is why I want to talk to the dr about this. I am having a lot of pain in my buttom and vaginal area. And they dont know why. They say my baby hasnt droped and isnt down there at all. But it is to the piont were I cant walk. And I have other kids I have to take care of. And know I cant ask anyone for help. Ok so I have a c-sec scheduled for the second week of Jan because I can have them vaginally. Anyway I have a drs appt tomorrow andwas wondering if I should talk to them and see if there was anything they could do or if they thought it wass safe to up the date. Now remember I said I would asked the dr. I am not planning on going in there and say "SO I THINK I SHOULD HAVE THE BABY EARLIER" and it isnt because it is uncomfortable for me. I can barely take care of my other kids because of it and it isnt fair to them.


Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • good luckYou should try to relax, if you have small children bring them in the room with you. Turn on kiddie movies, have snacks for them, large cup of water with ice, and everything you need handy to grab. Its normal for you to feel like this the baby is running out of room, but it will all be over soon. The doctor will probably make you wait unless there is a problem with bleeding or something severe. But it will be okay.


    Answer by vroberts3677 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

  • Dr probably will not let you go early because you are uncomfortable. It will never hurt to ask though.

    Me, I am in a similar situation and some days I can't walk without crutches to take some of the weight off of my pelvis. My doctor said he can give me narcotics but since the baby is in no harm there will be no reason to have the baby early.

    Answer by girlneffy at 6:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

  • How far along are you? Unless you are having twins I have not heard of a dr willing to bumb up a c-section or vag delivery until you are at least 37 weeks.

    Answer by Mom2SKMB at 6:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

  • chance are you hurt so much becuz of the way the baby may be sitting. its possible the baby is sitting on a nerve. I highly doubt they will move the c section up just cuz you are uncomfortable.

    Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

  • Im 36 weeks. and I know but I just want to talk to them about it. I know they probably wont and I didnt want them to do it tomorrow. I was just wondering. Do you guys have any advice for the pain except tylenol and warm baths i have been doing both and they really dont help much.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

  • Can you go see a chiropractor? That will help a ton with the pain, especially if the baby is sitting on a nerve.

    Answer by Babyness at 6:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008