How far??

im jw wondering how far is your hospital from your house..if its a distance did it ever cause problems?? my hospital is is about 35-40mins away i use to live closer but i moved. has this ever been a problem with anyone??

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It was my first, and I was willing to drive farther then that so I didnt have to go to a IMO bad hospital in a bad part of town. Then I ended up moving about 30minuts away and that was fine IMO. It was my first and I had no issues.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• about the same as yours, it wasn't a problem :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I could walk to my hospital if I really wanted to, when I am in labor I doubt I will want to. We did just move a little farther away from it, but I think it's about 2 miles maybe. (We live on an AF base with a hospital.)
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Like 15 minutes. But, I had to be induced with both after my due date, so no problems going to the hospital. GL
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Mine was only about 5 minutes away. I had a scheduled c-section, though, so timing wasn't an issue. I never went into labor. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• A hospital with emergency services is a good 30 minutes away here too. We've never had an issue.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• With my last 3 pregnancies we lived an hour away and it only caused a bit of a problem once but we still made it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Mine is about 45-50 min. Away. Only took dh about 30 to get there once I was in labor...we made it in plenty of time. My contractions were 1-2 mins apart when we left, and it was still 5 hrs before I had my son.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• 20 minutes. It hasn't been a problem although it makes the journey there a little more stressful in an emergency situation. Parking is the problem! It can take you 20 minutes to get there, but another 30 minutes to get parked!
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 4:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• theres always parking at my hosp its a big hospital with alot of parking!! ive nvr gone into natural labor im hopeing to go into natural labor with this one...i was induced with my dd bc of high bp so timming wasnt an issue either..but im not haveing any complications so who knows lol this is my second pregancy
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2011