What are some tips and tricks to do/have with a baby with asthma

My five month old has asthma and I am very new to this. I want to do whatever I can to help him. I give him his breathing treatments every 2-4 hours. We just moved into my mom's house and she has two dogs and a cat. We have been keeping the animals in another part of the house. We have a humidifier next to his crib. It just breaks my heart to see him like this.

jmdupl

Asked by jmdupl at 6:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

• 2 of my kids have asthma. One thing with the breathing treatments is if you dont have a nebulizer get one. I had one when they were babies and even if they wouldnt take the treatments with the chamber and inhaler you can get them to do it that way by holding it around the nose and mouth. Humidifiers do work & also look into an air filtration device if you can get one.

Answer by gemgem at 6:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2008