Our Economy is suffering and Obama is taking donations of up to $50,000 from each celeb for his inaugral, Does anyone else think that is odd in light of tough economic times?

Couldn't this money be used in better, more charitable ways?
Charities to feed and shelter homeless, give poor children a warm Christmas?
Or is that what our tax dollars will be used for, so it doesn't matter?
Looks like the new mentality is Party on, leftists. Bad times for America, good times for you. Let them eat cake.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw that about the $50,000 a plate and was shocked. There are so many people in need and this is just an example of foolishness and waste. That money would go far to help people at Food Banks, the different charities, the homeless, to name a few. But, we should expect no less from Obama considering the money he raised during his campaign. This is history in the making and most of us will fall through the cracks. No, it is not illegal just very distasteful for the incoming leader of our nation to be so out of touch with the people. This is change........
    Anonymous

• I personally feel its very tacky. There are alot of people suffering right now, jobs being lost, businesses closing, and taking that much money in donations is silly. If he wants that much money why not donate the proceeds to something that will help the people in the long run? Like asking ppl to instead donate to toys for tots, salvation army, food banks etc.

Answer by gemgem at 6:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Is he doing anything illegal? What's it to you?
    Anonymous

• Anonymous 6:52, I was asking an opinion. You've just shown your lack of formulating one.
    Anonymous

• I think that its terrible that he can even justify that when the economy is hurting so bad and people are loosing so much. However, I think this is how his time in office is going to be. all about him and making history and the amrican people will fall into his plans if he finds room. I dont believe a word he said that got him elected as he has already started back peddeling on issues because he has NO idea how hes going to pull it off. I dont think hes for the american people i think the hell has just gotten wose. Sorry!
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• it's nothing illegal it's just sad he's thinking of himself instead of others who are in way more need.
    Anonymous

• If you can read between the lines you would understand my post was an opinion. All you confederate republicans want to do is try and find anything you can that is negative about YOUR president elect. He has every right to celebrate his inauguaration as he pleases. considering he is not yet the actual president. Just leave him alone and try to support him.
    Anonymous

• Links for Your story please.
    And do You think that all those rich people are not helping out people in need??????What did YOu do for somebody in need??????
    Anonymous

• I think that I could comment, but I think you have a firm opinion already formulated in your head, so my comment won't be welcome:

However, he is asking celebrities rather than using govt funds (as is his right) so, if he is using their money rather than ours - how is that tacky? Would you prefer that he forgo an inauguration party?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Answered at 5:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 by: Anonymous
    it's nothing illegal it's just sad he's thinking of himself instead of others who are in way more need.

this IS my opinion
    Anonymous