I am 36 weeks and my hips are KILLING me!! I can't even sleep at night. Did this happen to you and if yes how did you get relief from it? Thanks!

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes when I had my twins I was always in pain. I lived in the bathtub or my husband would massage my hips and prop me up with pillows to try and take the weight off. (pillows were nice but it did not work with me either). I had the pleasure of being pregnant during the summer with my daughter and so swimming was my answer with her. I felt so light in the pool and the exercise made it feel better too.. ahhh! much relief
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:09 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Yep, it happened to me. My husband would rub my hips before bed and that helped a lot. A heating pad and hot shower also helped.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I'm 37 weeks and recently my hips, legs and feet have started to kill me. I feel as though I just started a new job and have been on my feet for 10 hours straight a day. For me putting a pillow between my knees and laying on my side seems to work a little but not much. Other than that I have no idea. I havent been able to find anything that works and I have to get out of bed almost every hour because I hurt so bad and cant lay there anymore.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would try thr hot shower but I would be taking them every hour or two. Dh does rub them but that doesn't last long. Ill have to get a heating pad and try that. Thanks for your answer! :)
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Thats exactly how I feel! And no a pillow doesn't help me either! Good luck to you and congrats!
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Oh just the thought of being pregnant with twin in the summer makes me cringe!! I about freeze my husband and son right out of the house already cause I keep the AC so low Lol!
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yep, with both my kids,l the only relief i got was giving birth. gl i hope you can find something that works for you
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My chiropractor was my best friend! I was going every 1-2 weeks at that point. If I needed some relief at night to sleep, I'd pull my legs up under/beside my belly and arch my back - hard to explain but it worked.
    Anonymous

• I sat on a exercise ball for hours! It was a miracle for me! I kept it next to the bed so if I woke up hurting I could sit on it and lean on the bed and relax.
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 1:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• That happened with my second pregnancy. I was in horrible pain from about halfway through my pregnancy on. Really, nothing helped. What was crazy was that the minute my son was out, the pain was gone. I had been in so much pain through my pregnancy that I felt like a million bucks when it was over.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011