Birth Control...

What is they best birth control?? One of the last pills I tried gave me horrible headaches and NO sex drive....

meilasmama

Asked by meilasmama at 11:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• The pill made me sick too...Vasectomy is the best birth control. :)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:04 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• You're going to get varying responses because every woman is different, and every woman has different experiences. I had no problems with the pill, but we decided that financially we couldn't do it anymore. (insurance didn't pay for it, and the pills were something like $65 a month) After my first was born, I got a Mirena IUD. I had no problems with it whatsoever. It lasts 5 years, so if you're planning on having kids later on down the road, it can be removed anytime during that 5 year time span. It was nice to not have to worry about taking a pill every day or replacing a patch or a ring every month. And my insurance covered it, so no more expensive monthly costs. I had it removed a little over 4 years later to start trying for # 2, and we were pregnant within a month.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• We talked about vasectomy but not 100% sure we r done having children yet. (We only have 1 20 month old) I was also reading up on the IUD recently. Sounds effective and like that it is semi long term. I know all woman are different, I've asked my dr about several different types and she denied the patch due to the high levels of hormones in it now (my sister also got pregnant w/ twins while on the patch and she had been on it for 4 yrs) just curious and was wanting feed back from those who are on or who have tried certain birth controls...
    meilasmama

Comment by meilasmama (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I take zovia but your doctor would be able to answer this question better
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• All BC have side effects you will have to research them to see what you willing to risk by taking them. My husband and I use NFP because BC is not 100% effective and the side effects are not worth the risk for me. We have been using it for 7 years and only got pregnant when we wanted to.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I plan on using implanon after I have this baby. My sister uses it and has had no side effects.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• iI have had 2 implanon implants so far. i love it. it stays in for 3 years then you get a new one.
    the only side effect i've had is irregular periods. after the first 3 years i recommend you take Provera to cleanse the lining of your uterus ONLY if you find yourself bleeding more than 2 or 3 weeks. birth controls have a tendency to keep you from bleeding (obviously) so it's important to let it all out, and Provera is great for that. good luck with your search!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• See your ob/gyn. And take into consideration if you have sisters what worked for them. I cannot use any oral pills so I got my tubes tied. I already had my two boys and it seemed best. Otherwise, before we used condoms.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 3:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I have the paragard IUD. No hormones, which I love. And very effective without having to think about anything. It lasts 10 years, but obviously you can have it taken out sooner. I never had very heavy or crampy periods before and now I get 'real' cramps and heavier bleeding. Also I deal with quite a bit of spotting in between periods. It's worth it to me, because I don't like hormonal birth control. The different kinds I've tried have just messed with the way my body is supposed to be. I have a friend who got the mirena IUD and totally lost her sex drive. : ( And I haven't had good experiences with any of the birth control pills I've been on.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2011