I have very course/dark leg hair, and no matter what i shave with I get razor burn

what would yall recommend razor wise and shave cream wise?

I stopped using actual shave cream because it seemed to make things worse
ive been using left over conditioner, and shower gel.
i use the schick (spelling?) brand razors

suggestions please :D

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I find that the razors with more blades are best. They make them up to 5 blades now. Gel is a little better than the cream. If you can buy yourself an electric razor, that is even better.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My husband gave me the Gillette razor with the little strip on it.. The more blades the better. ^ I just use soap. Lather up my legs really well and then shave. Make sure you are not using an old razor. Replace it often.
    Maybe if you can afford to wax?
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Your shaving to hard then. I use a razor with 3 blades in it and just shower jell. I learned to shave lighter , cause they are so sharp they cut and and give me bad razor burn.

Answer by louise2 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• The only razor I don't get razor burn with is Intuition. It has the soap and lotions attached as well as several blades.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• drink water and shave down in the meantime. i used to have the same problem
    its more about your skin's condition than it is about the products
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Fuzzi Wuzzi! It's like shaving with lotion or hair conditioner. It eliminates friction between the skin and razor, so you'll get no ingrown hairs, no red razor bumps, and whatever is left on your skin gets rubbed in as an aftershave lotion! You can even use it as a light hair conditioner.
    AMAZING!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• ive never heard of fuzzi wuzzi, is it sold in regular stores?
    thanks for the advice ladies. i need to remember to shave lighter.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Try putting Renew lotion on your legs after you shave, also put a few drops of Melaleuca oil on your razor before you shave - this works for me :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i have very sensitive skin. now i only use good men's razors and shaving cream, it makes a huge difference!!
    ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 3:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Also, try not to go over the same area many times, because that's what usually causes razor burn. And use razors with more blades. :D I buy the Venus kind and they work great...four blades, and they last a long damn time too
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 2:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2011