Dog throw up...

My dog is 3 years old and has been having problems throwing up the past month or so. Sometimes it contains her food, other times it is just bile. We have changed her food several times with no luck. She still has a good appetite and goes to the bathroom regularly. I have an appointment with the vet later this week. I just wanted to know if any of your pets have went through this and or advice. Thanks!

patrioticmommy

Asked by patrioticmommy at 6:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pets

• My dog went thru the same thing. I guess what can happen is sometimes a dog develops allergies. So what we ended up doing is going to the vet. And our german shepard is now prescription dog food. Yes its expensive, but its also the best thing for me. I was not happy with having to clean throw up out of rugs every few hours. So the extra money we spend on the dog food is worth every penny, since in a long run we save money on cleaning.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Have you tried just feeding the dog a diet of low fat ground beef or chicken and rice? It's the bland diet for dogs. If they are having some tummy troubles, that usually gets them back on track unless there's something more wrong.

Poor doggie. I hope all goes well at the vet's.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• TRY FEEDING SMALL AMOUNTS AT A TIME YOU CAN GIVE PEPTBIZMAL
    works4me

Answer by works4me at 2:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• sounds like an allergy to the foods. My cat is on super bland food - I/D. It turns out that my cat is allergic to lg amount of protein. Ya go figure that my carniverous cat can't tolerate proteins. Could be something like that.
    just1moment

Answer by just1moment at 2:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Put them on a ground beef and rice diet--you make it! My collie was for a while and that's what we did...what are your portions? leaving the food out all day? are you feeding them afterfigourous exercise?
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2008