How do you feel about couponing?

Do you use coupons? Do you go "extreme"? Do you prefer paper coupons or printed coupons?

Feel free to say whatever, after all it's just for fun! :o)

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 11:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• When we had stores around us that doubled, I would use coupons more. But that was like 20 yrs ago ;) I don't go looking for them, but if I happen across one for something that I normally buy anyway, then I will use it. If I remember to bring it with me.

beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I do use coupons, if I find one for what it is that I normally buy. Usually that means just health and beauty aids. I do not eat junk food, which most food coupons I have found I would never use anyway. Yes, I will try to match up coupons for Walgreens and Target, but that is a very rare circumstance that it happens that way. Again, in my local area, one of the local girls was featured on TLC's Extreme Couponing, episode four. Every since that day, our Target is completely wiped out of sale stuff.... I actually hardly go there anymore. I try to visit Target only when I have to.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I use them now because otherwise we wouldnt be able to eat lol. I dont do anything extreme per say but if I find a good deal lets say on yogurt that gives me alot free or close to it I will use as many of those coupons as I can because my kids go through yogurt like its nothing. Right now I have 4 coupons for 75 cents off any colgate toothpaste and walgreens has all colgate on sale for $1 so I do plan to use the 4 coupons so Ill spend all of $1 on 4 tubes. But again itll get used I have 5 kids.

Answer by gemgem at 11:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I use coupons, but I'm by no means an extreme couponer. I only buy what I need, and preferably with a sale + coupon. But I'm the kind of mom who won't tell my kid I can't get something he wants because I don't have a coupon for it. I started using coupons in April, since then I've saved $150-200 per month. Can't beat that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I use coupons all the time, i use printed, from newspapers or mags. I down load and print for kroger. I save about a $100.00 each week I shop. I do not go crazy but I do store about 3 to 4 items if a really good deal. Just like last week when kroger had gold fish for a dollar and I go them down to a quarter. So I got about 10 of them. Then cookies got down from $3.49 down to .69 with sale and coupons so got a few extras. Coupons sure are a lifesavor for me.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I'm in Canada and we can't go extreme.  Only one coupon per item.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I love my coupons. But I think those women on that show are nuts lol. If I can get an awesome deal on something I will get 5 or 6, not 100. Get things you actaully know you will use. It seems to me that some of those women actaully waste money buying things they don't need. But that's just me. I use the newspaper and online.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I wish I could go extreme but in South Florida we dont have double and triple coupons...it sucks
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 2:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i barely use them but lately i've been cutting them out and posting them on the front door in case the rest of the fam needs those items. also it helps me remember on my way out :)
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• my golden rule is never buy something unless it's on sale. YEP works every time! it really does, just gotta look out for it and when you do see the sale, buy as much as the store allows you to
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2011