I've just been prescribed..

zoloft, xanax and neuronton. has anyone had personal good/bad experiences with these drugs?

i've read all the research but they say the most extreme things sometimes so they don't get sued. so i would like to more 

side effects on a more personal level

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• I take Xanax and have for many years. I only use it at night though. I've never taken it during the day. I've tried Zoloft back in the day, but it made me very edgy and I felt very weird, so I stopped it. I was recently prescribed Neurontin for a burning type pain in my hip. I got it filled, but never used it. After I read all the side effects, I couldn't bring myself to try it.

Definitely, check with your pharmacist and ask him what types of side effects you should be concerned with. Ask him about taking them all together as well. Sometimes drugs like that tend to cancel one another out- such as what I was told with Xanax and the Neurontin.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I took zoloft and xanax both and neither one did anything for me except make me sleepy and non functional
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• http://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?sourceType=undefined&query=zoloft&navState=36
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• http://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?sourceType=undefined&query=xanax
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I was taking neurontin before we got pregnant. I was taking it to help control my fibromyalgia. Getting used to the side effects took about 3 weeks, because my doctor was gradually increasing my dose. Once I leveled out on it it worked great. Xanax I took years ago! I grew a tolerance to it quickly and had to keep upping my dose. Got to the point where I was just better off without it. I will mention that you should look into prices at healthwarehouse.com I was getting my neurontin (gabapentin) for $22 from them when Walgreens wanted $50. It adds up fast. Good luck!

PS: I'm not trying to advertise I'm just trying to help :)

Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 1:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• ok thank you, all very helpfull :)
    yes my psychiatrist warned me about the prices..he said ask for the generic price, it's a better deal than what my insurance offers!
    thanks again
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2011