My Friend niece was attacked by a pitbull and is in bad shape..

http://connect2utah.com/news-story?nxd_id=153827

Please pray for her family.

KUTV) SALT LAKE COUNTY - Jay Wallace had a hard time seeing his beautiful daughter Justice for the first time after she was mauled by a pit bull.

"It was hard, I cried," Wallace told 2News.

His daughter, 7-year-old Justice, was hospitalized after a pit bull ripped off her lip and the flesh around her mouth. Doctors in the Intensive Care Unit tried to re-attach her mouth, but unfortunately, it didn't take and will have to be removed.

"Seeing herself in the mirror will be the hard part," Wallace said. "I honestly don't know how she will react. I mean, I will make sure I'm there for her to tell her that she is beautiful."

Justice was attacked by the pit bull on June 21st at her grandparent's home in Salt Lake County. According to her dad, Justice and her two siblings were inside the house under the care of their mother's boyfriend when the attack happened.

"She screamed; I guess the boyfriend didn't think anything of it," Justice's dad said. "Went to check on her about 40 minutes later and saw what happened."

Jay says the man did not call 911 but drove Justice to the hospital himself. And apparently this isn't the first time it's happened.

The same dog bit Justice last year. Based on the seriousness of the injuries, Animal Control turned the case over to Unified Police.

"I don't think my child should have been around that dog. Let alone unsupervised," Wallace said. "She doesn't deserve to go through that. She doesn't."

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 11:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• "I don't think my child should have been around that dog. Let alone unsupervised," Wallace said. "She doesn't deserve to go through that. She doesn't."

Mrs. Wallace took the words out of my mouth. I wish the family all the best under these circumstances. That poor baby!!
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Is the grandma's boyfriend going to jail? He should, for not getting rid of that dog! Pit bulls can be nice and sweet but I sure as hell would not have allowed my DD to go back to a house where she was bit until the dog was gone.

That poor baby, I hope she pulls through this, but obviously neither her grand mother nor her parents really thought about her welfare.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I am so sorry that happened. And this happens way too often.
    I am tired of hearing people say that " Pit Bulls are wonderful dogs and if you train them right, they won't hurt anyone"
    That is not true. The are innately dangerous, harmful dogs. It is in their genes.
    \They shold never be allowed to be around children. I wouldn't go near one. Adults have had their faces torn off by Pit Bulls, too..
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Mr. wallace said that! (ochsamom) That is horrible! That dog should NOT have been left alone with kids since it has already bit her! I hope Justice gets justice in this case!! Poor little girl shouldnt have had to go through that, and whats she's going to go through the rest of her life!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• That poor little girl. It makes me SICK.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 12:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Well my friend said at the moment her EX SIL BOYFRIEND is being investigated. I am hoping that the children are able to go live with their dad.
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Mnnice, any aggressive breed should be handled as such. In your definition, dangerous means what? I was bitten on the face out of aggression when I was 5. I still have the scars on my lip to prove. Guess who bit me? A
    16wk old cocker spaniel puppy. Doesn't mean people shouldn't have kids around them.

Just as well, if the dog has bitten before, he should have been put down, right then, THAT DAY, NO EXCEPTIONS. My bite was, and I refuse to allow any dog the mindset they have ANY kind of control. I don't care how hard my son squeezes my dogs' ears. They know people are dominant. This sad, sad story is a pure example of negligence, and should be handled as it is. The grandparent, and the boyfriend, should be liable. Leaving a 7yr old alone (NEVERMIND WITH A BITING DOG) for 40 minutes is unacceptable! Who knows how long she had been unsupervised before being bitten!! Where was the old man to heed the dog's warnings and step in?!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• minnesotanice: This is all about the child! You have no well wishes for the child or the family?
    Create another post don't hijack this one!
    Anonymous

16wk old cocker spaniel puppy. Doesn't mean people shouldn't have kids around them
    -----------------------------------
    OUR Cocker Spanel bit my son on his nose too.....but Pit Bulls KILL. They tear at the flesh and don't stop unless soneone stops them. There is a BIG difference.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Where was he? Where were the other two children in the home under his care? Freaking sick-o. For 40 minutes?? And I'm sure, at 7, she didn't just scream once and go about playing if HER MOUTH GOT RIPPED OFF!!!

I WOULD SUE, SUE, SUE!! THEN SUE AGAIN!!!

My mom's dog snapped at my DS one day a while back. While only about 18lbs, and jack russell, my mom said he just wasn't used to kids. I told her, if he bites my child, I will break his neck myself, and she will be held responsible. Needless to say, Gunner is not allowed unsupervised while my son is over.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2011