Baby Shower Thank You notes??

If someone gives you money, in the Thank you note do you say what you got with the money? What if I haven't spent it yet? How should I word it?
Also, I finished my thank you notes and sent them out and I'm still recieving gifts from some family members, do I write another thank you note or is my thank you good enough? (Its family members on my husband's side I'm ok with expressing thank you through words with my family now)

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 11:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't say thank you for the money. Maybe thank you for the gift it was so thoughtful or helped out so much. Something like that. And I think one note is good.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Yes write one to let them know you received the money but like brandi said, keep it as thank you for your kind gift. You could add that it will help you acquire much needed baby items not received at the shower.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I agree with the others, if i got money for my baby shower i would say thank you for the support they had given me. One really never knows how much money of a gift goes towards a purchase! It may have been a 5 out of a 20 dollar item!
    bentley10

Answer by bentley10 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• If I bought something in particular with that money I would tell them thank you for the money we used it to buy a ......., but if I hadn't spent it yet. I would say thank you for the $20 (or whatever) we are saving it to see what we still need after the baby is born. Thank you so much for sharing in our joy........

As for continued gifts. It's always nice to send a thank you note, no one ever complains when they receive them. It really depends on the family, but I think I would send them.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I always just say thank you for the gift when it is money. send everyone a thank you card. I sometimes forget to send one to people in my husbands family and I always hear about it later
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 1:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I always say how I have spent it or how I intend to spend it. Eg; Thank you so much for the money you so kindly gave us - we intended to some monitors, which will be so useful....
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 4:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2011