A competely free weekend...

We all dream about it. A weekend with no husband. No children. No work. Just think of all of the things you can do around the house and in the yard with NO intteruptions. It will be so nice and quiet... Sleep in as late as we want. Watch what we want on TV. Do what we want on the computer. Sounds perfect right?

Dh took dd (18mos) up to his mom's this weekend. I'm on call so I had to stay home. I AM BORED OUT OF MY MIND! lol. Come to find out, there's nothing on TV I want to watch anyways. What am I doing on the computer? Playing cafemom bored. I sorted all of dd's clothes last night. I've done laundry and the dishes and vaccumed. It's not even noon on Saturday and I just want my baby back :( I just w ant a few hours of peace every once in awhile. Not a whole weekend. I'm on-call so I can't even really go out and do anything with my friends. I know I'm going to get a lot of "enjoy it while you can. You don't know how lucky you are, I would give anything blah blah blah"

If you ever get free time, what do you do? How do you deal with being away from your babies for a few days at a time? I knwo it's silly. But I really just feel so lost right now. I don't even know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• before my DS was born i got every Wed off (my mom took DD for the day). i usually exercised while watching what i wanted to watch, took a LOOONG hot shower w/ no interruptions, ran errands cause its easier alone, and got myself something good for lunch (sushi or KFC), made phone calls id been putting off, etc. since i always knew it was coming it was easy to plan it all out.

now a weekend w/ no DH would be a lot harder for me...i like spending alone time w/ him ;)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2011