Why, why why....

Why is it that when a spouse has someone good by their side (hard working, caring, loving, kind, a friend etc) they have to see what is out there? Why would people be willing to lose what they have, what thet've built thru the years- why? Why do they change when they leave their homes? They treat their families with such hatred. I don't get how people change from one day to another. Sad part is that when they realize that the grass is not greener on the other side they want it all back. I say HECK NO, what do you say?

Jeannie29

Asked by Jeannie29 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• I agree completely, and i say fuck them!
    Anonymous

• YOU ARE TOO FUNNY, ANONYMOUS!!! lol
    Jeannie29

Answer by Jeannie29 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I went through that for years with my ex bf. We had a kid together after 6 years of being together and he still couldn't be a good man. I told him flat out one day, "If you want your daughter to marry a guy that treats her the way you treat me fine, but I don't so I am leaving". That was that. He and his daughter still have a good relationship, but no more cheating lier for me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I agree. My relationship would probably be considered "boring" to most couples, but to be honest, I like my nice predictable boring relationship. I don't have to worry one second about him cheating, I don't worry about his intentions, I don't worry about him not working or supporting us, I don't worry about the way he is with the kids, I don't worry about him doing anything dangerous or stupid....and I'll tell you what..."not worrying" is great. I think people do it because the "butterflies" wear off and they want that feeling again, but I'd choose "real" love and stability over "butterflies" anytime.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Don't bother with a selfish creep. It never changes. Let them move on and use someone else.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• The grass is always greener on the other side-or so they think so...they either live impulsively or want want want stuff for themselves regardless of who it hurts, pure selfishness.
    Anonymous

• Ditto pugpin.
    lipstickclouds

Answer by lipstickclouds at 7:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• That's why I won't remarry. I have an SO but I also know he is always looking to see what else is out there. He runs off like some unchained dog chasing women like crazy to see if they are better than what he has. So far, he keeps coming back. He'll stay around until he smells the next batch of fresh meat. I keep telling him that one day he's going to come back and Im not going to be here. He just laughs and settles back in. He's not heeding my warnings. Since we are not married I'm free to see other ppl if I want. One day my prince will come and I'll be packed and gone and leave SO sitting here asking himself wth?

Answer by admckenzie at 7:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• if they do think that they might not be worth it but some people do deserve a second chance. if they did it all the time i would have the locks changed on the door. thank god for my man. he knows i'm the best that has happened to him. he tells me always.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Everyone, it seems, believes that everyone else's lifestyle is better than our own. Some of us are rich, some of us are poor, and most of us are somewhere in between. But no matter where we are in this world or who we are, we always find something better on the other side of the fence. I've seen cows following that philosophy by reaching their heads through the fence twice, once to eat the grass on the opposite side and again to eat the grass on the side they are currently standing in.

texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2008