Walmart Ice cream social

Walmarts all over the country will be hosting a free ice cream social. I thought I would let all your mommies know. It is between 5-8pm. Just check their FB site or regular site and see if your walmart if doing it. It looks like the majority of them are.

Asked by gemgem at 12:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Shopping

• gemgem - thanks for sharing the information about free ice cream from Walmart. We aren't going because the kids would rather stay home and be in the pool than do anything else. We also have ice cream in the freezer. ONLY on cafemom can someone post something fun and get such an assortment of negative comments....you gotta love the entertainment factor!!!

meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Man, Walmart sucks! My kid don't need no ice cream! He dint do nothin good today to deserve no treats. He's gonna be locked in his room, awl day. Dayum, wurrs Walmart's head at?

=) thanks for the FYI!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• How much you want to bet anon heads over there for the free ice cream.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It is sooo not worth going to wal-mart for a free mini sundae cone. I will just go to Kroger and buy a whole box for $2 and be in and out in less than 5 min. The parking at our walmart's SUCK and the employees are AWFUL.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I saw that too - but sadly the nearest store doing it is over an hour away :( so no participation for us. We have a bunch of ice cream treats in the freezer though because another store had a huge awesome sale on Blue Bunny last week ;).
    Anonymous

• Sorry, anon, but if the people don't like walmart's working conditions, they can look for a new job. I'm not driving 45 minutes to get to another grocery store or spending twice as much to shop at the only other one here in town. We all have to make our own choices, and there's no reason to wear your ass hat.

They choose to work their out of desperation. It is not me that has an ass hat it is the cooperate decision makers. I understand if that is your only local store. I also understand if it is an emergency and it is the closest store but in general Wal-Mart SHOULD be avoided. Most people are not aware of Wal-Marts dirty little secrets all I am doing is helping it get out.
    Anonymous

• Yeah screw them for giving kids free ice cream! They suck!

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

OP- thanks for sharing about the free ice cream (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Oh I do I went swimming and came back and read and got a laugh. I mean honestly what does giving away free ice cream have to do with work conditions or unionization? Its actually the company the ice cream is coming from donating it lmao, not walmart. But hey whatever floats peoples boats.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• boo to Walmart
    Anonymous