Does anyone use shorthand anymore???

I took it in high school but I don't hear much of it anymore if u know of any sight I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• What an interesting question. I took shorthand in both highschool and business college. I hated it and I sucked at it too, lol.

These days people dictate into a recorder and someone transcribes what they said. Also, people write their own letters because we have computers and word processing programs. I haven't heard of anyone using shorthand in years.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I am a nurse so I use the nursing short hand. It is a necessity!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• MIL used it in her job that she had for 30 years. She's retired now.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I had a very close friend who was the "top dog" of the Howard Johnson hotel chain (and RAN the Indy 500 every year!) for many, many years. She and her husband went to the Olympics in 1976 in Montreal with my parents. She always told me that any secretary with shorthand skills could pretty much write her own paycheck. She passed away about 5 years ago.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• What the hell is shorthand? I text talk...is that the same thing? LMBO
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2008