Need some advice

I am 33 weeks prego, and am nauturally a bigger girl. I cant feel my baby move hardly at all. I went to my ob appointments and the Dr. didnt seem worried at all. However all he did was listen for the heart beat. Im scared, should i be?

bentley10

Asked by bentley10 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The later you get in your pregnancy, the harder it is to feel them. Do you get 10 movements a day? There are lots of things you can do to entice it to move - gulping cold water (small sips won't work), drinking soda, having someone blow bubbes on your belly, ice cube rubbed on your belly. For me, having a bath and pouring water over my bump helped.
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 4:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• As you get closer to delivery, the baby moves less because it doesn't have as much room as it used to. What matters is that the baby's heartbeat is good and you still feel some movement.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• When I was in my last trimester with both of my pregnancies I DID feel less movement, but had more of what I call Alien Tummy. A foot, or butt or hand or something would bubble out, then move around. It really looked like that alien thing popping out of the guy's stomach in Spaceballs (I don't know the original movie it happened in). I was also bigger than I should have been for BOTH pregnancies.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Dont worry. Late in my pregnancy I didnt feel as much
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yes i do feel at least 10 a day, researching the internet it conflicts between 10 an hour to 10 every 2 hours, so it is very confusing! I have days where he is moving all over, and now for about 4 days where i feel like i did some thing wrong and hurt him. I am asuming due to my larger size and first baby that it is normal. However how does one know with out the help from others going though some thing similar! I have been told to drink all sorts of different things, ranging from cold water to orange juice. Eating normally helps get him to move but today i just felt like i ate more than my stomach could hold and still very very little movement from him. I have another ob on wed so waiting very impatiently until then to see what his heart rate is! Thanks for all the advice!
    bentley10

Comment by bentley10 (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2011