Am I being immature?

DH and I were having communication problems, Which he confided in a supervisor at his gym about all our troubles. I found out, and blew up, because it also the gym I work out at.. am I being immature? He works their still, and has increased his schedule...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• No He should Never share your problems in a work enviornment! Thats just BAD for business and bad for him if he ever wants to get ahead.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• NO I DONT THINK YOUR BEING IMMATURE BUT I THINK HE FEELS HE HAS NOONE ELSE TO TALK TO
    SARAH20

Answer by SARAH20 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• if he has problems then he should go to u with them, not his boss. i really wouldnt be too happy with dh if he did that either.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Dont you ever confide in people? You are on here talking to a bunch of strangers about your marital problems. Why cant he have someone to talk to? Yes I think you overreacted.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 12:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• i agree whith the last comment sometimes it can be more comfertabale talking with a complete stranger than the closest people to you. i wouldent stress it he just wanted to vent.
    yumymommy

Answer by yumymommy at 1:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I don't think you overreacted. There are things that should stay at home or within a professional enviroment, not at work buddies sounds like his people have made things worse, and gave him an excuse not to talk to you about the problems. I'm sorry to say , If you guy's don't do something now it's going to fall apart. Be strong for eachother. Good Luck!!!!!
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 5:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• He over stepped his bounds, he needs to find a new confidante, preferably you, but definitely not in the work environment. People talk, and the tongues will wag.
    s.c.a.r.l.e.t.

Answer by s.c.a.r.l.e.t. at 10:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• They have people you can talk to. They are called therapists. That's who he NEEDS ro go to to talk out his problems.
    I sure hopr this isn't someone from the opposite sex at the gym. Woman especially think that when a man talks to them that they are a better person then the wife and that's how affairs happens. The old cliche of she was a friend I was talking to crap.
    Anonymous

• Well, I think it's unrealistic to assume our mates don't talk about relationship problems with their friends. I know when I'm having troubles, I confide in my friends for advice and support. I think you did overreact a little, but I would tell your Dh that you don't like him confiding in co-workers and would rather he talk to you about it. HOwever, I don't think you should demand that he not have friends to talk to about his problems, that's sort of selfish.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I agree with danielp great answer
    yumymommy

Answer by yumymommy at 10:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2008