I asked this earlier but wa wanting to see if I could get more help.

Ok I have been through this twice but I got scared the last time and I am startin to feel that way again. I am going to have my 3rd c-section in the next 4 weeks, it is scheduled for Jan 13th but I could have her earlier. Anyway. It is a scary thing to go through and I am having nightmares about it. The only thing keeping me from being to worried about it is knowing that I have been through it before and am ok and that I will have my baby girl after. Any words of advice from women who have been through this and can help me get through it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry you're having nightmares about your c-section. Just think, you're a pro at this now. You gave birth to two healthy babies by c-section already and soon enough you will have your baby girl in your arms. I had an unplanned c-section in December 2007 and I'm pregnant again, will have one in May 2009. I'm nervous about it because it is a scary thing getting open abdominal surgery...there's risks with everything, but, I'm sure for your 3rd time, you'll do great! How was your second different from your first? Any adverse reactions? Hope all goes well. Happy Holidays!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I "only" have 1 child. had her with a c-section as well. i was a little scared too, but i was also happy to finally see my baby and hold her.

I dont understand why you are worried. you are going to have a new baby. you should be happy and proud. there is nothing to worry about. you already have had 2 c/s's. you will know what they are going to do. its amazing to become a mother and you have the luck to have your 3rd now.

be happy about it. dont bother with the fear and such. it will drive you crazy ;)

im pretty sure that evertyhing will be alright.

nothing to be scared about. its the best thing in the world to have a baby. the only thing i would be worry about is the pain afterwards. i hated it. but it was definately worth it!! :)

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• They were totally different from when to how and who did them. My first was at 35weeks. and he spent 2weeks in the nicu. had an epi that didnt work. and it reopened after i went home.
    Second was at 38weeks at a different hosiptal had a spinal that numbed all the way to my throat couldnt breath ending up choking. She was fine though. I'm just scared because of the bad ones I had I guess.
    Anonymous

• I have my 2nd c-section scheduled in March. My 1st one was unplanned. I'm psyching myself out by thinking about what's going to come out of it. I'm really excited about having my 2nd girl. I don't think about anything that goes along with it but just remember how exciting it was to hold my daughter for the 1st time. It was amazing to see her react to my voice. Enough about me . . . my advice would be to think back about the 1st time you were able to see you child and how great it was. As far as your nightmares, what is it that your scared about? I could see nervousness and maybe i just had a really good expierence but like GreekMama said your a pro now! Hope everything goes well! Have a good Christmas with your family and put your thoughts behind you!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 7:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Yes, I totally understand how you could be feeling. Negative circumstances will always stick in people's minds and become over-whelming...which is probably causing your nightmares. Think of the positives. Well, all we can do is pray and hope that you will have a successful delivery and your baby will be born healthy. Good luck and Take Care!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008