Spotting after internal exam?

I'm 35 weeks pregnant, I was checked today internally and she said I would have spotting, which I am and cramping just wondering how long it will last? Little gross but the blood was red but now it's brown, anyone know why that is?

Mainly when does the cramping stop.... she said I was like 1 centimeter....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The blood has turned brown because your not bleeding anymore and its just what was left thats coming out. You should feel better by tomorrow
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 7:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• eh, i did that too, i was 2 cm but u should be fine after a day at most
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• It will last maybe a day or two, and it is totally normal. The blood turns brown because blood does that when it's older (not old, but after a few hours of being inside you, kind of like toward the end of your period). The cramping will probably stop by the end of the day.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2008