Anyone else have experience with bad tears during delivery..TMI...you have been warned:)

OK..I had what they call a stage 4 tear during delivery tore from stem to stern)...yeah...happened fast, no time for episiotomy. Anyhow, Have YOU had one? HOw long did it take you to feel "normal" again...IE no more pain.

The reason I ask, is I had my DD 8 weeks ago and I STILL hurt if I walk around alot or am on my feet. I also hurt if I sit on the floor or use the restroom later in the day.

I brought this up to the Dr. and he was kind of "ho-hum" about it and said "yeah it was a bad tear." Did anyone ELSE have a bad tear during delivery and if so...what was your experience AND/OR do you have any suggestions on helping me get back to normal faster?? Thanks to all and sorry for the TMI:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had stage 3. I wasn't normal for a very long time. 6mo to a year. I got preg with #2 when my first was 18 months old and I was terrified that it would be horrible but I healed quickly and things were completely normal after 8 weeks.

So yes it did suck but it does get better
    disneyrocks

Answer by disneyrocks at 8:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I tore badly during my labor......I have 2 names for it, but the first is my favorite. Assgina or Vaghole. I tore enough to have one big hole. The doctor refused to even tell me how many stitches he put in. It was very painful and took time to heal. My son is now 5 and i still have to wipe like 50 times to get myself clean down there. I was afraid to have sexual contact for a long time, so i went years without it, but once i did, it was ok and no pain. It will get better, but I have heard the wiping problem from other women that ripped badly too, so this will probably be a permanent thing......ugh. Ice pads and Hot pads from right after labor were my friend. I also kept tucks pads around a long time. I cost a lot, so i started making my own with the round facial wipes (i tore them appart to make them thinner) and witch hazel. I still use witch hazel today if for some reason it acts up.
    boy_or_girl

Answer by boy_or_girl at 7:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• sorry...I got the scissors....it took a while to feel normal again
    Anonymous

• I did. I argued with the doc while I pushed to avoid an episiotomy. I don't rememeber it feeling that bad and it was a pretty bad tear. I felt better in a few weeks.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• It took 8 packs of stitches to put me back together after my first was born. I had serious internal tearing. I still have some pain from scarring and she's nearly 8 yrs. The worst of it was over within 3 months though.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2008