• In the Spotlight:

My husband and I have a 15 year gap in our ages. Hes 37 and I'm 22. Is this good for a healthy marriage? Is there any one else like this?

bethiepaige

Asked by bethiepaige at 12:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Beth, I'm in the same relationship..My SO is 63+ and I just turned 50. It works or at least can. I'm not sure at your age of 22 if I would particularly recommend it. 22 is very young by today's standards and you need to "LIVE" life some, your husband already has or he should have by now. If you two are on the same page in the book of life it could be beautiful, I just hope he allows you some freedom to experience it because of your age difference. The older you are when this type of relationship starts can make a big difference because the gap closes/narrows the older you get, you both have had time to experience life and know better what you want or in some cases what you don't want. Good Luck! Happy life!
    s.c.a.r.l.e.t.

Answer by s.c.a.r.l.e.t. at 10:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• no but it mustve worked in the olden days..my moms mom...was about 12 years Younger..raised His 2..then birthed 8 more with him. If the love is there, and he works to keep ya happy (mine only did that when we dated) then more power to ya!!
    carisa

Answer by carisa at 12:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I wouldn't say it's unhealthy in a relationship. I don't think age matters unless the age of one person in the relationship is still a child. At 22 you're an adult and so is he, there are going to be times that things will be difficult because of the age gap, but you show me one relationship that doesnt have things that cause difficulties
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• We have 13 years... he's younger than me..Sometimes you get stares or waitresses asking if checks are seperate, but it's what we think that matter.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• i have friend that our like that and ther happy and fine
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 4:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I think it is great! My husband and I are 9 years apart, maybe that is different than 15 years. When we got married, I was 22 and he was 31! We have been married for 10 years now and have five beautiful children. I think it was great because he was very mature and has had his 'living' done. For him, he enjoyed reliving life with me and it is always fun for me learning about things that existed before I was born. :o) I would almost recommend this for everyone but each individual is different. We clicked from Day 1 and have had the perfect marriage every day of the 10 years. Good luck!
    Mommy5WV

Answer by Mommy5WV at 10:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Love knows no age but there is a fine line from robbing the cradle which I believe is anyone older than 25 pursuing someone under the age of 18. My Niece and her fiancee just broke up and he is 42 and she is 22. It just didn't work out and she is heartbroken. He has been seeing other women for some time behind her back. I think he was in a mid-life crisis when they got together. He was decent to her in the beginning but because of his history I knew she shouldn't have trusted him, AND he is in a motorcycle gang, yes, gang not a club, clubs do not disrepect the law and have the cops constantly monitoring thier every move.

BUT...all in all it can work as long as there is communication and honesty. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• We have a 13 year gap between us. He is 35, I'm 22.
    tlclinard

Answer by tlclinard at 12:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I don't think its good for me but for another woman it may be perfect. My DF and I are only 4 months apart and it is a much healthier relationship than my ex husband and we were only 3 years apart. If it worked well enough for you two to make it this far it must be working somehow.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 3:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You married him so it is working for you~! Congrats!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2008