• In the Spotlight:

Do I need to call the doctor?

My daughter is 7 weeks old. Today around 2 I noticed she warm her temp was 99. I checked it at4:30 and it was 98.4. Then I just checked it agian and it was 99.2. She has been a little cranky, but eating normal. When should I call the doctor?

kirstina

Asked by kirstina at 7:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would call them now to make sure she is ok
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I would call and tell them about the temp. JUST to let them know. Then keep an eye on her and call back if it gets over 100
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I would call just to verify it with your daughter's physician. A child that young needs to have all strange things ran by the physician. Reminder for moms, When in doubt, always call the Dr. It can't hurt anything, they are used to it and it is your right to always get answers.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Also, had you or someone been holding her when her temp was higher? Wash she wearing a sweater/blanket, anything like that? That can also raise a temp.

I honestly wouldn't get worried but i agree that when in doubt ... call the doc, or you can call the nurses line at your local hospital.

hope your babe is ok!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 8:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Sounds like she came down with something. As long as she's acting normal with eating and peeing/pooping, she should be fine. Over a 100* fever is not good for babies under 3 months. After that they say, over 101*....but, I always call my daughter's pediatrician when I just want to make sure everything's okay and I always ask when I should come in...they'll inform you on when your baby should see the doctor. Hope your baby feels better.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• call the doctor,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• That is hardly even a fever. What would they do if you took her in? Give her drugs. That is all they can do. She has a fever because her body is fighting off an infection. People get them all the time and it doesnt mean anything is really wrong. Just comfort her and let her rest.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2008