What's the best OTC highlight kit to use on permed hair??

I just CAN'T afford to get it done in a salon - so wish I could afford a perm AND color!

So a salon color is totally OUT of the question - Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Hairdresser here- Is your hair fine? DOes it feel "crunchy" when you grab a fist of it and squeeze? For fine hair, I always say to do one or another, but not BOTH to perming and highlighting.As highlighting requires bleaching/lightening, and that is hard on hair, and can be extremly harsh on perned hair. If you have thick strong hair, it may take better to both, but wait a few weeks, and treat it well, and salon quality products will keep it healthier.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• How recently did you perm your hair? And any bleaching/highlighting kit you can buy at places like walmart are probably going to be too harsh for your hair.
    sparkles1986315

Answer by sparkles1986315 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Perm was on Thursday. I know I'd have to wait a few weeks, but I was hoping after that?? Maybe it's just wishful thinking that there is something out there.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2011