How do you get in the christmas spirit?

I am having a very hard time trying to get in the spirit.I need a job badly,my s/o and me are on the verge of seperation and I'm just really down in the dumps!

flowerchid72

Asked by flowerchid72 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Holidays

• I make cookies and drink hot chocolate in front of a fire with a funny movie (The Grinch, with Jim Carrey is a good choice.)
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Spend more time with your kids. Not only will they benefit from it but so will you! Kids are ALWAYS in the holiday spirit and they have a way of "spreading" it!

Mommi2Three

Answer by Mommi2Three at 8:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i'm currently jobless as well. at first i was against decorating unless it had to do with jesus and not santa. but i decided i would do it for my son. once i did he has been so much happier. so that makes me happy. i went to wal mart and bought a lot of 1.00/2.00 ornaments. and i got a fake tree for $25 bucks. some non profit agencies give away trees and toys.
    ZARA81

Answer by ZARA81 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I am sorry that you are feeling sad. I hope it doesn't sound too simplistic, but maybe you could count your blessings. Good health, perhaps? It is really rough to lose a job, and if your personal life is in crisis, it must be a sad time for you. Maybe also listen to some good Christmas music. Hum along with it. Go to church, perhaps. I hope that things look up for you soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Music helps me a lot.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• BIG hugs to you sweetie!! I am SO sorry.

My way of getting the "spirit" is watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" When I'm in a funk, it reminds me what Christmas is all about.
    Check out Toys for Tots for your kids, call a church and ask if they can get you a basket for dinner...
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2008