how do u get hubby off the computer?

My husband is always on the computer, He's addicted to world of warcraft. How do I get him off of it? He's on for several hours a day. I don't mind him enjoying himslef but it's really bad, he'll stay up almost all night when he has to go to work the next day, not want to get off to eat or use the bathroom etc. ANybody else in the same boat? what did you do to help him?

newmom179

Asked by newmom179 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Ya, I know how that is. My hubby does the same thing. He love World of Warcraft and many other games. I just had this conversation with my hubby tonight. I told him that I was lonely, cause it seemed like he was to invoved with the computer. I got mad and I cried. He said he would not play as much and pay a little more attention to me and his daughter. I don't mind that he plays it just got to the point were he would only get off the computer to have sex. Getting off of the computer for food never a issue gets plate goes back to computer lol. So I know what you are going through. Try talking to him and tell him how you feel. Tell him you are worried about him, not getting enough slepp ect.. Good luck sweetie
    T.W.

Answer by T.W. at 12:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Get him a job like mine.. 9 hrs of computer and telephone and people yelling at you all day
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• i TOO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM-DISCONNECTED THE INTERNET EVERYTIME AND FINALLY GAVE HIM THE BOOT.
    MamaDebbie209

Answer by MamaDebbie209 at 2:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• tell him to get off. sorry, but that is what i do. i mean i cant control it when im not here, or when im asleep (he plays guild wars). i have threatened him when he gets in his intense playing patterns that i will delete it off the computer. also, u could make it so that ur not paying for it anymore. if u stop paying, he stops playing! lol
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 3:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I am in the same situation, except his comp. game is Eve. I have talked with him. Doesn't seem to help much. This past week I emailed him. He got mad. He said he needs to relax and 3 hrs. straight isn't bad at all. Yesterday, we went to his company picnic and when we got home he spent about an hr. to an hr. and a half with me - one on one time. Then from 5 pm until he went to bed he was back on the computer. But at least that is a start.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 9:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• i have the same thing. My hubby is always on it. I mean work ok. But he comes home and is on it again. god
    lovemy2dogs

Answer by lovemy2dogs at 9:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Stand in front of him naked, and then I tell him if he doesn't cut back on the computer time, he gets cut off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• my fiance does as well but not only the laptop computer but his xbox360 i turn them off and tell him he needs to come to bed if he turns them back on i tell him then he choose to sleep on the couch but all you can really do is talk to him and tell him how it makes you feel
    mama.amber

Answer by mama.amber at 10:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Lol..offer sex of some sort.
    Mom2Nia

Answer by Mom2Nia at 10:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Talk about a compromise. Agree on a set time limit per night or set game night. Plan fun things that you both enjoy. Praise the small bits of improvement and let him know you notice. If that doesn't help then Instead of nagging when your feelings get hurt about it- ignore him. Act like he's not even home, leave his dinner on the stove and really stick with ignoring him until the next evening. If he gets on the game again the next night- continue. Most guys respond more to that then arguing. It shouldn't be long before he asks how you'd like to spend the evening. Have some ideas in mind and then let him know you are open for suggestions. Don't forget make sure you both enjoy quality intimacy time before you go to sleep:) Next night have a great dinner planned:)
    (Perhaps he can even play for a bit while you are preparing it)
    ChattyWifePlus2

Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2008