Is it really important for me to get it?

I have to have a c-sec there is no if and or buts about it. Even if I go into labor before me c-sec date. Well I am suppose to get the group strep b test tomorrow. Is it really that importan for me to get it. I mean isnt that something the baby gets when is passes through the birth canal? She wont be I dont dilate thats why i have to have the c-sec and beside this one it 12m post c-sec so they wont let me try for a vbac.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• get the test
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• You don't necessarily need the test for Group B Strep bc the baby can only catch it if he/she passes through the birth canal. Strange that they are testing you... Bc if you test positive, they just make you deliver C-section or take antibiotics during labor (with vaginal delivery).
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i am. but is there a way for the baby to get it other then what i thought?
    Anonymous

• maybe it could pass to the baby if your water breaks before the C-section...i really don't know
    Anonymous

• Um...you stil can pass this even if you go to the bathroom after and not washing your hands you could still give this to your child,
    its not a big deal they let me do it myself in the bathroom,

its just a q-tip front to back...so whats the big deal????

anyway..i get a c-section too,
    Anonymous

• i didnt get it done and my baby is just fine they just gave another med in my iv to prevent it so you dont need it.
    Anonymous