Does the bible say anything about miscarriages? What is your religious/spiritual view on the whole thing?

It doesn't really help to tell someone it was "meant to be." Or "wasn't meant to be."
So I'm just wondering why so many say that.

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 1:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• By my belief, every life has a purpose, even those who don't reach birth. I don't believe the Fates allow anyone to pass until they have fulfilled their purpose, even if sometimes that purpose is fulfilled by their death itself. For example: I had a friend who had a horrid drug problem and had turned to the streets to pay for them. She ended up pregnant but before she could get clean, she miscarried. It was that loss that forced her to get well, straighten her life up and make something of herself. Today she has a great husband, great career and 4 beautiful healthy children. That loss taught her something nothing else could have, so it seems to me as if that child's purpose was to save it's mother, even if that meant it had to die. Once we die, I believe we go through a cycle of afterlife & then rebirth (reincarnation). So no life, even those who die young, are ever lost.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• In my opinion it was "meant to be" because a miscarriage is often times the body's way of saying the baby wasn't forming the right way, that there was something wrong with the baby.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It also happens when you have an insane amount of stress. That's what killed me son before he was born. I just needed hugs, not an asinine "it was meant to be"
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 1:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I think saying that is someone elses form of trying to comfort when no other words that they can think of will do.

Its a situation where, in reality, nothing will comfort or help much except time so people try finding words that sound comforting and that they feel might ease the sadness a bit.

There is no harm in trying to be helpful, just doesnt always work. People get so pissed about wording instead of intent and most of the time they make the problem bigger by being insulted or ticked off when someone was just trying to be helpful.

IMHO, a miscarriage happens when something is not forming right and the body realizes it and gets rid of the imperfection. Sometimes imperfections get through hence birth defects but I believe thats still the reason behind the majority of miscarriages. Ya stress can play a factor but I dont think it plays nearly as big a factor as a flat out imperfect vessel. But again...thats my opinion
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My sister had one. It is tough. I do not know of anything about miscarriages..just still births I think.. its vague for me at the moment.

Cueball.. I truly hope you forgive. Unforgiveness can also wreck havoc with your body.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I guess that's what confuses me. Some ARE born with deformities and disabilities. I know it's a never ending question but I'm just lost with the whole thing.
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• There was NOTHING wrong with my baby, and I have three kids now and never had a problem. The insane amount of stress I had caused my body to go in survival mode and it "dumped" the baby. I had someone tell me that I got pregnant to get out of work, that they were getting cps involved with my kids, that they would contact housing and get me kicked out, they they would make sure I was booted from the army! All from a man who honestly believes that women should be "good wives" and stay at home and allow their DH to run around how he pleases. Told me I was abusive B/C my DH doesn't work and I don't drive!

It happened in march and I am still angry and I will probably never forgive him.

So sorry, I vented. Have you recently lost your LO? I believe all babies become guardians. My kids say Sean is with Katie (my SIL MC) and they are paving a gold road to heaven for grandpa (he is slipping fast and Will die soon) Hugs mama!
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 1:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Lost one 6/17/2004 & 6/4/2011
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• im sorrysadDamn. I am so sorry! It was bad enough for me the one time. Did they run test to find a cause after?

cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 1:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• To my knowledge, the Bible doesn't say anything on the topic. I'm sorry for what your're going through. My mom had 2 miscarriages. I wish I could give you some answers, but I'm afraid there's questions that we will never have answers for on this side of life.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 2:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011