What on earth can I do to get some money? Besides something illegal or just morally wrong? lol.

My husband has been layed off of work temporaily so far for a month.
Un employment is BACKED UP and OVER RAN and he has not got money in a month.
Which means we have $0 income right now. Nothing! We can't afford our home payment, light bill, and for crying out loud people are starting to buy us diapers for our baby! (I'm Thankful but geesh!) We don't have internet, phone, tv or anything like that and we are still suffering to the max. This is my moms computer at her house. IS there anything? No jobs are even hiring so is there an alternative until something breaks through? Because were suffering here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Money & Work

• I really dont know how to help. But im so sorry to hear that.

You should try to get on welfare. I think that will be your only option, unless you have family that can help you out.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Print out some fliers for housecleaning services and place them on bulletin boards in your local grocery stores, etc.. The other thing you could advertise is babysitting and in-home pet sitting.

Anonymous

• crisis center will help. u can get on food stamps for the time being. cloth diapers dont cost as much as throw away ones....
    Anonymous

• also ur kids will get emergency medicaid. once u all get on ur feet u can do away with the government help. if u get on welfare ur goin to have to pay it back in the long run
    Anonymous

• You can always try the mall -- especially this time of year the department stores are always hiring extra staff!
    Anonymous

• donate plasma? Sign up to be part of a medical prac-make sure its a safe one check with a local college, offer to baby sit?
    Anonymous

• try a local church. u don't necessarily have to be a member. they might try to make you sign up for free financial classes or some will ask you to become a member. Salvation Army, Goodwill. American Red Cross. Google thrift stores, some of them are owned by non profit agencies that will help you with medical, dental, etc. for example, a place near my home offers numerous help www.ccahelps.org so their may be something like that in your town.
    ZARA81

Answer by ZARA81 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• donate plasma, that usually brings in $100 a pop and you can do it twice a week. So if you and your husband do it it's $400.00, but it takes a few hours some times. The Catholic Church will usually help anyone who walks through the door. I know that they are all a little overwhelmed at the moment, but you can at least try. My website is giving away free stuff, baby clothing and what not. And I have diapers for just about any age, I just can't through them away and NO ONE will take them. Email me with an address and a size PLEASE!!! Take my diapers PLEASE. I have packages with 2 diapers out of them - I'm not kidding! I bet I could stuff 3 packages in a flat rate box. I even have 2 packages of pull ups! Anyone potty training?
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Oh your question, I'm sorry without phone or internet I can't help you with a job, I'm so sorry. People always say Wal-Mart or McDonalds, but they don't seem to be hiring either and a low paying job that won't keep you afloat isn't really any help.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• You know a great way to make money and stay at home is ebay. Its crazy all the things that you might have laying around that people will pay top dollar for. I have garage sales all the time and its harder to make the most money because with a lot of items you need the right person to come along at the right time. I have just recently started selling and I really like it. The time of the season doesnt help because garage sales are the best to find items buy for cheap and sell for hundreds. You can start off with items around the house to learn it. My mom paid for her back enclosed porch in full in only one year, over 20,000 JUST ON EBAY, doing it on HER own time!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2008