I really hate to ask this question but I think i have to

I was on antibiotics for a sinus infection last week and now I think I got a yeast infection from the meds. It is sat so I can't call my doc. Does anyone know of anything safe their doctor recommended for this? I am going to the store soon so I thought I might ask before I go :) Thanks.

Oh yeah I am 13 weeks pregnant that is why i ask :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• You can use the OTC meds. Wait are you pregnant? I don't know what you can use if pregnant. I did not have to deal with that during my pregnancies.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Any of the OTC meds will work and are fine if you are preggers
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would certainly give him a call. He could have something called in for you. There is one pill you can take now to solve the yeast infection problem...or you could get some medication over the counter...but I prefer the once pill :)

justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Sorry didn't see you were preggers.....go with the monistat (sp?) or something

justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Probiotics might help. That's what they told me to use for my daughter to help prevent a yeast infection while she was on the antibiotics. It also helped when she started developing one. I'm sure probiotics would be fine when pregnant.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Buy the yeast infection screening kit first. No point in using crazy medications to treat the wrong thing!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• talk to the person at the pharmacy when you go, they should be able to help
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Your pharmacist can answer what's safe when you go there to get something. That's what they are there for. They have more drug training than doctors - both prescription and OTC.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• When I had YIs while pregnant I was told to get the basic Monistat and just use it on the outside for the itch - NOT insert it into my vagina like the box says. It may be Saturday but you should be able to call, or even call L&D and have them call your doc, and get something done - it's not good to have a YI while pregnant, not to mention annoying on a holiday weekend!

In the meantime - keep your crotch clean & dry, go without underwear as much as you can especially overnight, cotton underwear only. GL!
    Anonymous

• Put a call into the ob/gyn that is on call for the weekend. Since you are pregnant, your doctor should be involved.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 3:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2011