How important is it to let your husband know that you are no longer satisfied with your sex life? adult content

Curious as to what you mommies think

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Extremely important! Sex is an important part of marriage
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Extremely! And I know he'd agree with me here. I'd want him to tell me!!
    bbreitha

Answer by bbreitha at 1:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I love my Dh, but honestly he does not satisfy me like I need to be, at the risk of sounding crude...its doggie style or nothing......seems to be the only way he can climax...yet I'm freaking frustrated!

justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Your saisfaction is up to you. Communicate but only with kindness. DOn't make him think it s HIS fault because it is not. YOU are responsible for your own happiness , in any part of your marriage.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I think it's important to discuss this sort of thing. Communication is always the preferred option to silence.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• This has to get fixed sooner rather than later. Sex is like air- it's not a big deal til you're not getting any!

Sex is one of those touchy subjects to discuss with a man. You worry about hurting his ego, if he'll accuse you of cheating etc. If you don't tell him it builds up, leads to no intimacy, resentment, with holding, and in a way you begin to start punishing each other.

Be very clear and specific about what you want- this is not an area where you want to be vague. "Can we try different stuff?" Is NOT specific. (He'll just turn the TV to a different channel- LOL) If you can't tell him, SHOW him. Put his hands on you, kiss him in the places you want to be kissed, etc.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It is extremely important!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 1:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would never say I'm not satisfied! That would hurt and I would not like it if he said it to me!

So what I would do is by a sex book or video and tell him let's try some of the stuff we are viewing.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i think it is important. it needs to be said nicely, with out blame. just sort of, im not satisified, i would like to try this. but no matter how nice you are, it is probubly going to hurt feelings. but saying nothing will be worse long term.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 2:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Why are you not satisfied anymore? Ask yourself that question and once you have the answer, you will be able to figure it out. It could be something hormonal that needs medical attention. So if you tell him without knowing the answer, you could hurt him emotionally and create future problems that may be avoided if your feelings are hormonal. Or, you may want to suggest ways to spice up your sex life is its because its the same ole, same ole. Just tell him you want to have some fun. Men are willing to spice it up just as much as you are. So maybe you should figure out what the problem is and take it from there before you unload on him.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 2:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2011