Tell me what you think?

I have been dating this guy for about 2 month now. He is very nice and we enjoy time spent together. In the first couple weeks he was trying to move the relationship into fast mode. He was recently divorced so I told him we had to take things slow because forcing the relationship would be bad. I almost called it off but eventually he calmed down.

Then he started commenting on my physical atributes...I know all Women love compliments however I started feeling like I was a barbiedoll. I have run into this my whole life. I don't take compliments well...People say I am pretty...beautiful...whatever. But there is more to me than looks. So I told him I felt uncomfortable with the constant comments on my physical appearance ( He talks about my nice butt and my perfect boobs). He got upset telling me that this was the second thing I complained about...Hence the beginning of this post. I told him if something made me uncomfortale I was going to speak up. So he dropped it.

So he was on my facebook and I have tons of photos. I deleted almost all the photos of my ex husband. However he told me he saw one of whe we vacationed at Niagra Falls. I told him...Oh well ...I thought no big deal. I mean you really have to dig to find this photo. So after we discussed our weekend he said that I really should delete the photo. I told him when I got around to it I would. I don't really get on Facebook that often. He was really angry the photo was there. However there are pics of his ex everywhere. He said the difference is that that is the mother of his kids and my ex is not. I don't care about his ex at all. I am glad he keeps pictures up for his kids. So act like your a fly on the wall....What would you think of his behavior.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• He's recently divorced and you two have only been seeing one another for two months, I'd guess he's not really ready for another relationship. This is what I think, he tried telling you you're beautiful because that used to get the panties to dropping back in high school. Whoops, you're an adult! That's not working! So he tried being possessive, perhaps out of panic because the old "perfect boobs" gambit isn't effective or because that's what he did with his ex-wife. Whatever, it all adds up to him just not being ready. Talk to him and express that he's great fellow with some issues, and maybe if he gets his shit together some day he can give you a call.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I couldn't date someone ike that. That's insecure whiney ass behavior
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• he sounds a little bit controlling. I would pull back.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I hate to say it but his behavior throws up some red flags to me. First, it was a pic of your vacation that you probably enjoyed and would like to keep a photo of. So I do not see why you cannot have a pic of your ex while you are away on vacation that is old. Second, if he is becoming this reactive to an old photo, it sounds like he is going to be a jealous controlling individual, who could be physically abusive as well. Did he ever strike his wife? Because if he did, you need to head for the hills. Someone that dives into a relationship real quick after a divorce cannot be without a woman and may latch onto the first attractive woman that comes his way. That is not always a great situation. I would be suspicious of his behavior and I would seriously consider leaving him at the curb. The mere fact that he makes lude comments to you is disturbing as well. U sound like a woman with a head on her shoulder, think twice.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 2:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• He sounds insecure and jealous. Tell him to get over it! You do not need to delete the photo if you don't want to! Especially if he has photos of his ex everywhere!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• possessive, maybe too into how you look because after 2 months a guy would not feel comfy around me telling me how my ass and tits looked, lol thats just weird to begin with. IMO
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i say double standard, if you cant have pic he cant.. but two months in may be a little early to be all up in your business. if you were married or something serious then he could start complaining about pictures.
    NaiveDream

Answer by NaiveDream at 1:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Sounds you guys are not seeing things the same way!

Just be careful he could be controlling!

Do not let him move in whatever you do!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I think you should drop him as fast as you possibly can. All these things are big red flags. If you are interested in a solid stand-up kind of guy, I don't think this is your man!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Sounds like the behavior of a controlling person...one I wouldn't want to pursue a relationship with at all. It will get worse. IOW: RUN!!!
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2011