Should i get pregnant when hes home from Christmas from the Marines?

His base is 2000 miles away from me and he wouldnt get to be apart of the whole process. We are engaged but he cant decide when he wants to get married. But weve been discussing the baby thing. At first it started out with... What if I get preagnant? Then it went to We want to get pregnant. Then it went too Oh crap if we do get pregnant... he wont be here for the entire 9 months besides for a week when I would be 3 months along.

idnam89

Asked by idnam89 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• DO NOT GET PREGNANT UNLESS HE 110% WANTS A CHILD!

i say this as a mother of 2 and a usmc wife of 6 yrs. both are hard enough when done as a loving, married couple. you take the stress of children and deployments and add that to a person who "can't decide" if he wants kids and you're asking to be a single mom.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 9:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• >>We are engaged but he cant decide when he wants to get married.<<

That line is an EXCELLENT reason to NOT get pregnant. He needs to make a decision on the getting married part.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I agree with gdiamante, if he can't decide when to get married, how can he "decide" to have a baby, IMO THAT is a bigger decision.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• LOL. This does not seem like a good idea. Wait until after you are married, however long that takes.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2008