How do you prevent noodles from soaking up all the liquid?

when making soups? I want to make soups and freeze them for the winter but don't want the noodles to soak up all the liquid when reheating them.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I make soup and freeze it without the noodles and when I reheat it to serve I cook the noodles in it then. When you freeze the noodles and then thaw them they get mushy.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would just make the broth and add the noodles when you reheat them. I am not sure there is a way that you can make the noodles not soak everything up...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• If you cook them 1st, they will have less ability to soak up the broth. I've also added cooked rice when I go to reheat rather than making the rice in the soup.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• make sure they are WELL cooked before you put them in, they already soaked up a lot of liquid when they get cooked. cook them separately from the soup and then add, then freeze
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2011