Need ideas for an easy dessert?

that doesn't need to be baked--too hot and humid to turn on my oven even and we are going to a party on Monday, July 4th. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• angel food cake with cool whip and the take berries along to put on the side. An easy parfait idea. Pick up some fruit pies that say summer like apple, blueberry or strawberry. My mom takes a makes a pudding mixture and then add pineapple along with colored marshmallows and cherries and man. oranges and if want recipe just let me know and can gladly email off to you, a fruit tray of berries, watermelon, can. melon and pineapple the take along a fruit dip, might find something on kraft website since they sent recipes for every season.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My go-to dessert is banana pudding. I use banana cream and vanilla pudding mix (alternate layers) layered with nilla wafers or shortbread cookies for variety. Sliced bananas layered with the cookies and mix the pudding according to the pie filling directions (less milk) and add a blob (not really a precise measurement, but it's about a 1/4 of a big tub) of cool whip into each pudding layer. For a large bowl I use 2 boxes of banana and 2 boxes of vanilla pudding mix.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Banana Cream Pie, Strawberry cream pie, or chocolate pie- use a graham cracker or chocolate cookie pie crust. Make jello instant pudding....I like the cook 'n serve best, and I just make it in the microwave. slice bananas and/or strawberries in the bottom of pie crust, pour pudding over the top and chill top with whipped cream or cool whip when you serve.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• these are good. You cook them in a saucepan and chill them in the fridge until firm!

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL NO BAKE COOKIES
    2 c. sugar
    1/2 c. milk
    1/2 c. butter
    1/4 c. cocoa
    Dash salt
    3 c. dry oatmeal
    3/4 c. peanut butter
    1 tsp. vanilla
    Mix sugar, milk, butter, cocoa, and salt together in large saucepan. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir until mixed well. Drop by tablespoonful onto waxed paper. Chill for 3 to 4 hours
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Grab a ready made graham cracker pie crust, cool whip in a tub and a pack of kool aid. Mix kool aid with cool whip and dump it in the crust. let it firm up in the fridge!

Kool aid pie! It is so good and easy!
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 1:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2011