Sippy Cup

What age would recommend transitioning to a sippy cup? And what kind do you recommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can really try at any time! nothing wrong with putting formula in a sippy cup :) i've been trying with mine since he was 5 months and he's 11 months now and still transitioning to it. i think we'll be completely weaned in about a month.
    angela.bouchard

Answer by angela.bouchard at 2:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Start introducing it by 7 months and make the full transition around the first birthday or shortly after.
    Anonymous

• I started at 6 or 7 months with both kids. My DS was off the bottle by 9 months, my DD was off the bottle by 13 months.
    It's recommended to wean off the bottle at a year old.

Good luck! My mom always told me bottle-weaning was the hardest thing she ever had to do!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Oh! And with both of mine, I used the Nuby sippies. I started off with the regular Nuby sippies and then used the straw Nuby sippies.
    tangleballlover

• around 6months using for juice
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i do the soft tipped ones. like the nuby. i didnt take my kids off of the bottle until a month or two after their first birthday.
    mamaof3muchkins

Answer by mamaof3muchkins at 7:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My son is 10 months old and we're still working at it (we started at 9 months). He HATES the sippy....it's been hard!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2011