How can I tell if they messed up on tying my tubes?

I know that seems like an odd question, but im not talking about getting preganet. I was told by every one how painless it was and that the scar wouldn't even be seen once your uterus goes back down. It was the worst pain next to having my appendix out...i couldnt even tell that i had just given birth because the pain from the tubes being tied was so bad..my entire stomach was black and bruised and the scar now 2 years later is still over an inch long. the other day someone said maybe they started to give you a hysterectomy...and it kind of made since then why i was in so much pain ..it literally felt like they had bruised all of my insides..and the child birth (with no pain killers) was a walk in the park compared to this. im just really bothered by the fact that they may have done something to that extent after it being brought to my attention that maybe they mixed me up with another patient and ive never heard of people having such a bad recovery from something so simple

mybabies3-2

Asked by mybabies3-2 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• Go to a different Dr and have them examine you. Tell them your worries and see what they say.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Sounds like mine - they pump your belly full of gas to be able to see your tubes, they pull them all the way from where they are (which is squished where they're not supposed to be due to just having a baby), pull them all the way up to & through the incision and stuff them back in...it's definitely not a walk in the park, but the bruising sounds odd. All the pain after is pretty normal due to what I said. I had to hold a pillow over my stomach for a few days every time I got up. The scar will never go away - I had mine done over 4 years ago and still have the scar - but it is slightly lessened, it's not big & red or hard anymore, it's just a thin white line - took time to get there. Sounds totally normal compared to mine & the personal stories I know (other relatives & friends).
    Anonymous

• Getting your tubes tied isn't a simple procedure! But if you have concerns, go to the dr (same or different one), a second opinion could never hurt.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• You can go to the doctor and get a dye test to see if the did it right,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Whoever told you it was painless is an idiot. I had it done with the full expectation of some sort of pain afterwards. Normally they to thru your belly button, so there is no scar. I would go to another ob/gyn and ask for a scan of your abdomen if you are still experiencing pain. If no pain, I wouldn't worry about it if your periods are normal. As to the scar, get Maderma or coco butter from the pharmacy. That will lighten the scar. Dont always listen to people. They will tell you stories about what happened to them that will freak you out. I usually just listen to their stories and realize that most people, you need to add a grain of salt because some of it will be inflated. I am a realist. :)
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 3:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I agree go see another doctor and for the painless part, yeah they were lying.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2011