How do you get your guy to pu tyou rand your children on his priority list?

My boyfriend and father of my child does not get that we are a family and does not seem to think we are a priority. I don't know what to do . He makes me feel like crap. I just want him to show interest in our lives and the only way i get him interested is when I kick him out. I have to fight with him to do anything with us.

lovlyred

Asked by lovlyred at 12:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• can i just joke for a sec? come by and see how my hubby treats His girls & me compared to driving his buds anyware last minute, or stay gone there anywhere from 3-7 hours at atime??..and you might feel better..sorry really havent figured this one out either...just blab to his mom if ya like her, or if His pals listen mention how nice it'd be if he was home..maybe embarrassing him Is the key
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• SURPRISE HIM ASK CAN HE RIDE WITH YOU SOMEWHERE AND GO TO THE PARK OR TO AN AMUSEMENT PARK OR SOMETHING IF HE DOESNT LIKE THAT THEN I WOULD ASK WWHAT IS IT WITH ME THAT YOU DONT WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH ME NOT IN A ARGUMENT JUST SOFTLY ASK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• im sorry, but i wouldnt put up with it. if u keep kicking him out hten why ar eu allowing him back all the time? there is no way that dh would ever get away with acting like that. not only would i not put up with it, but his parents would come over and kick his butt for it as well! lol. oh, and u cant change someone if they dont already want to, so u might as well kick his butt out for good, since it doesnt do anything for u guys.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Great question.. I think alot of people are wondering the same thing. My daughter just went thru this.. after two children and still not getting married.. They were always second to his friends.. She had finally decided she could do a better job of raising her girls if he wasn't around.. and the friends weren't hanging around.. I AM SO PROUD>
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Damn, when are these kinds of guys going to grow up. I LOVE AND APPRECIATE MY HUSBAND!!! He has the attitude of "been there and done that" so he always picks us over his friends. I think that when a guy hasn't had enough "fun" in his life before the family, then he feels like he's missing out. But if the guy has partied and had his fun before having a family then once it happens he is ready to settle down. My hubby goes to the bar on fridays once in a great while after work, but for the most part, he can't wait to come home to me and our daughter. He says he's all partied out.
    msp12r

Answer by msp12r at 3:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You should be priority or at least the child should come first.You can not make it happen, its just something that should be.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• kissmiss said it well....'cant change someone who doesnt want to change already'. I hd gotten sick of it and after many threats and arguments, I had grown so tired. I don't mind him going out with friends and stuff b/c i am more of a stay-in kinda girl, where he gets bored being at the house very easily. Finally one day I just started crying and told him I needed him around the house and with his son more. I need to be wanted and to be important in more than just saying I am important. And I didnt back away from it. I told him that we BOTH wanted to be married, we BOTH wanted to have our son when we did...so we BOTH have to be in it. I can't sit at the house waiting on him. He is doing a lot better. Probably didnt help much, but just wanted u to know if he isnt willing to change then there is no hope
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You can't change your man. If he doesn't want to make you his first priority he isn't going to. If you have talked til you are blue in the face about it and nothing has changed maybe you should leave. I know with my ex husband I would kick him out or we would separate and then he would treat me like a queen and then a month after we would get back together it'd be back to the same ole thing. I couldn't stand it and I won't put up with it in my current relationship. Thankfully I am one of the blessed women with a great guy.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 3:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• walk. why would you wnat to be with a man who puts his friends before his children? wtf is that about? would he allow that to go on if it were you?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2008