My daughter wont eat anything

My daughter wont eat anything...nothing for breakfast lunch or dinner. its really starting to concern me....what should i do???

DariAnn

Asked by DariAnn at 8:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how long has she not been eating? does something hurt? is she going to the bathroom? how is she acting? if all seems fine physically mabey she is being finniky. my son is. i would offer them a small plate with some variety and then thats it. if she is just being picky then she needs to learn that you are not a chef and what you make is what she eats. ill offer my kids a couple of choices and thats it. but make shure she is okay otherwise
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 8:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• She may be coming down with something. Does she have a fever? Is she still drinking liquids? There are days that my daughter doesn't eat much at all, but they are just like us and just don't have an appetite sometimes. That could be it as well. If she is running a fever or if she does the same tomorrow I would call the doctor just to let them know in case they want to see her. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• she is peeing and pooping, and drinking nothing but milk, but she hasnt eaten for days
    DariAnn

Answer by DariAnn at 8:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Give her less milk. Sometimes milk will fill them up and make them not want to eat. My son's pediatrician said 3 cups of milk is plenty. He used to be just like your daughter.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• If she hasn't eaten for days I would call the doctor.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• hasn eaten for days????! wow,..i wouold say less milk try juice and water..milk will fill then up fast..but if all you can get down her is milk then i would mix it with like carnation instant breakfast to be sure that she is getting enough vitamins and protein! gl
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My son does this sometimes to...he has sever constipation though, he still poops but a little. Only give her 2 sippy cups of milk a day, until she starts eatting again. Then let her eat foods that she really likes...also what I do with my son is, I tell him at dinner, that if he will eat all of his -insert food here- that he can have a cup of pudding. Most of the time he will eat his food, and then he runs to the frige and trys to open it to get his pudding out.
    Jen_Norvell

Answer by Jen_Norvell at 1:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have this same problem with my son....its not that he wont eat though....he just doesnt want stuuf that is good for him....he want chips and cookies....but i say if they are hungry they will eat.....they're not gonna let themselves starve
    DaxsMomma

Answer by DaxsMomma at 2:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2008