Need some crafting/sewing ideas...

i made my son some cutoff bluejeans this morning, what should i do with the scraps of denim from the legs that i cut off? i would hate to throw perfectly good fabric in the garbage, i just haven't figured out what to do with it... any suggestions? it is about 8 -10 inches of fabric 9still in 'leg' form) form both legs

lamom2aj

Asked by lamom2aj at 2:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Make it into a couple of small purses.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I hem and put draw stings in my kids cut off legs... makes perfect little bags/sacks for all kinds of stuff... from toys to camping gear! But it wasn't my idea, my Gramps used to do it too ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Orrrrrr save them up to make quilts from... that wpuld be cool too ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i am thinking about cutting the 'legs' open an sewing together and making like a tank dress for my niece... how does that sound?
    lamom2aj

Comment by lamom2aj (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Super cute! You could even embroider some cute designs on it. Or use buttons to embellish it!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yes, save it for a quilt or make small bags you could also line a basket or hem the edges and have a small runner or cover for small table, give them to DH as rags or finish the edges and glue to cork for coasters. I once used a pant leg to make a carry case for a tripod
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 10:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• hem the top and bottom, thread elastic through both, add a string to hang, and make plastic bag caddy (for like grocery store bags).
    ericsangel82

Answer by ericsangel82 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2011