Have you heard a 3 year old biting their toenails?

into the quick! ouch!

shefree

Asked by shefree at 3:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL my 3yrold does that
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• my bad, ever heard of? could this be a nervous disorder? he just started this behavior about two weeks ago????
    shefree

Comment by shefree (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• lol, thanks. any ideas how to stop this habit?
    shefree

Comment by shefree (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My oldest did that starting at 2. It wasn't a nervous disorder, just a quirk. He's nearly 10 and still does it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Sorry, I dont think its a big deal, maybe he will stop maybe he wont. I dont think its a nercouse disorder or anything like that, just a weird thing he does. Is there something that happened about two weeks ago that might make you think it triggered him to start doing it, like some sort of traumatic experience of so sort. If not I woudlnt worry much about it but if you think you need to ask his dr on tips. then thats what i would suggest.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• A couple of my kids did that. It's not a nervous disorder, some kids do it because they can. We just told them not to every time they did it and eventually they stopped doing it.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 3:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i can honestly say my little girl has not. i have seen her bite her finger nails to the quick.
    blessedwkrysta

Answer by blessedwkrysta at 6:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• IDK, IT IS SOMETHING HE STARTED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, ALONG WITH TEMPER TANTRUMS. I GUESS IT'S JUST A PHASE. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT THOUGH.
    shefree

Comment by shefree (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2011