I'm 12 weeks & STILL cannot eat anything...Any suggestions?

bethykins30

Asked by bethykins30 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your doctor about getting you on those anti-nausea pills
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• You can try dry saltines, or lightly buttered toast. If that still makes you nautious then you should try to drink water or gatorade as much as possible, so that you dont dehydrate. Is this your first pregnancy?
    SLC3015

Answer by SLC3015 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I was sick with all three of my kids. I would drink 7up, peppermint gum or candy, those sick bands, crackers, gingersnap cookies, sleep propped up, eat small meals. But be sure your not to bad since I was bad and did not realize it and was in the hospital for awhile over not being able to eat. So see your doctor to see if anything they can do to help you out.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Eat something that your craving?
    Youngmomma2b16

Answer by Youngmomma2b16 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I was sick all the way to 30 weeks...had to get ani-nausea suppositories (butt bullets as I called them) because I would puke up any pills. Drink lots of water stay way from DAIRY!!! I ate alot of Jello and soup broth. I also would drink slim-fast too but sometimes I couldnt keep them down. Popsicles are good too!! Hang in there GL

lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 3:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• The only big suggestion I have that hasn't already been suggested is to make sure you eat first thing when you wake up and then every 2 hrs after that. I used to have to do the 6 bites an hour thing (1 bite of food every 10 minutes) and sometimes that didn't even work. Stay away from acidic things, spicy food even alot of dairy. Yougart once in a while might help (the active cultures) With my second for like a week I was able to keep down Chocolate milk (strange yes). I know everyone says saltines but I personally think they taste gross which would make them come back up. Try club crackers (preferably low sodium if you can get them) instead (better taste and they melt in your mouth. A big thing that I found too was that sports drinks only made me sicker again because of all the salt and water was even worse. Try sipping cold apple juice (w/ ice so that it can dilute it a bit and you can get water without having to drink it tbc
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Something else that really helped me is subway deli sandwhiches. I would get turkey with lettuce tomato with a little mayo and mustard. Granted it took about an hour to eat it but it stayed down most of the time. There's also teas that you can try but they never really worked for me. Good Luck momma! We've all been there!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i was the same way with this pregnancy im currently 19 weeks 3 days and during the first 3 months i was so sick and couldnt eat or drink i will throw it up i ended up in the hospital with dehydration i had the worst morning sickness but after the first trimester it went away i feel great now but during those 3 months i lost 11 pounds but the baby is healthy and jumping i feel it move alot hope this helps it will get better but try to drink lots of water for dehydration and eat small meals even if you throw up or dont feel hungry try to eat fruits that helped me alot like bananas and strawberries nectarines. Good Luck
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Thank-You everyone. This is my second pregnancy & I was pretty sick with my first but this time around is way worse! I've been confined to 1 room in my tiny home due to the smells and already was in the hospital for dehydration a couple of weeks ago. The hospital sent me home with the anti-nausea med Zofran which helped a little, but I still can't eat. Saltines are a no go, they actually make me sick too. I've been drinking Ensure which is really the main thing I can keep down so at least I'm getting some nutrients. Otherwise it's pretty much a baked potato here & there, or some noodles with cheese & a popsicle. This is awful!!!! I hope it gets better soon. My doctor said if I got really bad again, she'd give me a refill for the Zofran but she said it can get to the baby?!? So, they tell you it's safe & then a 'what if?'...Trying to hang in there!
    bethykins30

Comment by bethykins30 (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• With my second pregnancy I was sick every day for 10 months. My mom was the same way with me. Sometimes it just doesn't go away. I was able to drink all day and eat in the evening, but that was it - once a day. I have heard that there is a cream you can rub into your wrists to avoid taking the pills.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2011